Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Myths

I'm doing some research for a meeting tomorrow. I've been struggling with my topic and the fact it's been 7 months since I've led a meeting. One thing keeps coming up today, how so many of us will believe false truths or myths. Moms believe the nurse in the hospital who's never breastfed or her friend who was unsuccessful at breastfeeding and you have problems that are common but not normal become the norm.
Why do people feel the need to dispense information on topics they know so little about, yet why do so many of us believe those false teachers?
This applies to so many areas of our lives but about the Bible to. Words from the Bible are taken out of context and you have a new sect is forming.
Well, I'd better be off looking up a particular fact to dispel the latest breastfeeding myth I've run across.

No comments: