Monday, October 8, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving !!!
In past years I've gone all out and cooked a Thanksgiving meal to celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving, this year we might have chicken, but I haven't made any special plans, I think the children would prefer to go to the Fair. That's all I've heard lately, "How many more days until we go to the fair?"
We got in from our trip to Dauphin Island last night around 9:00pm. The cat and parrot were quite happy to see us. The parrot was ready for some fresh vegetables and literally danced circles when he say John with the carrot bag. I guess the seeds weren't quite up to Booboo's standards or he was bored with them.
I am up early today, Cynthia woke me up around 4:30 complaining of a sore ear, she played in the water Saturday and Sunday. We had to almost drag them away yesterday. They were so exhausted that we fell asleep soon after we got on the road. I'm the only one suffering from too much sun, and really only in places that got 'missed' by the sunscreen. I had made sure Rebecca was covered and I sat on the beach nursing her and then held her while she slept. My legs are a bit sore from the knee down, I guess I got distracted while applying the sunscreen. I told Loren that I applied sunscreen to a lot of legs, and then couldn't remember if I had finished my own. I think the lesson learned is, when in doubt, reapply.
On the way out of town Saturday morning, we dropped a meal off to my good friend's dad, while she and her mom are away visiting family. On the drive to his house we passed a field and the first thing Loren said was, "Oh, what a great Mesonet site." I laughed at him and said, "Blog fodder." You can go on a weekend away but you just can't leave work behind. He's always on the scout for the perfect site for a weather station and is currently installing one up in Sturges.
The cat is asking for food, but we are taking her to the vet at 8:00 for a little operation and food has been off limits since midnight, she keeps asking and rubbing against my (sore) legs, ouch.

No comments: