Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Thrown in a Pit

Our SAHM Bible Study is reading the Book "Get Out of That Pit" by Beth Moore. There are different ways to get in a pit one of which is being thrown in. On Sunday, I felt like someone threw me in a pit. I felt disrespected for the position I held and definitely not validated for the job I'd been doing. Excuse me but you want me to add work to my schedule with a baby due within the next 9 weeks, I don't have the time or energy to do that. Part of me wants to hold onto my right to be upset, hey I even had emails going back to December describing the process that was going to take place. Like that's happening now. In the meeting I felt I was told to shut up, this is the way we decided it is going to happen, too bad if you don't like it. If I hold onto my feelings of being wronged I'm choosing to stay in the pit. I'm not going to let them keep me there. It would be hurting myself and they don't even care. I have chosen to forgive.
The question remains though how in the world am I going to get out of doing the extra work they expect from the position without it seeming like I'm reacting to their decision? I honestly can not do what they want from me now, not without sacrificing my children and my health.

No comments: